If you have doubts about lip scrubs, don't worry, you're not the only one. Many women have ever heard about them, but they do not know their ingredients very well, the times that they must be applied, whether they must be removed with water or not. We are going to remove you from doubts so that you choose the exfoliant that best suits your lifestyle and skin type.
What are lip scrubs?
Lip scrubs are cosmetic products used to clean and release impurities and dead cells from our lips. They provide different benefits, such as the softness, cleanliness and rejuvenation of the skin of the mouth, as we increase its use. Also, they regenerate the skin giving way to its renewal. The skin needs continuous cleaning and the exfoliants are a key part of this cleaning.
How often should I use a lip scrub?
Ideally, use a lip scrub once or twice a week. In this case, we talk about, including them in our facial routine, but not daily, but weekly. Many of these scrubs have very rich scents and come in stick form to make them easier to apply. Of course, it is important that we are consistent and that at least once every 7 days we use it to appreciate extra juicy lips.
What are the benefits of lip scrubs?
- Eliminates dead cells: It is one of its main functions, keeping it soft and cared for, with a healthy appearance. In addition, it promotes the renewal of cells. It makes disappear the so unsightly.
- Activates blood circulation: The massages we do at the time we apply the exfoliant activate blood circulation. All this favors the elimination of impurities.
- Feeling of well-being: The aromas and ingredients used by these scrubs make us feel an instant sensation of pleasure as soon as we apply it.
- Returns to the lips are their natural color: The exfoliation removes the impurities that so many lipsticks have been able to leave, providing softness and a return to our natural color.
- Tones the dry skin of the lips: The massage with which we apply the exfoliant and the mineral ingredients of its composition makes a natural moisturizing appear.
How are lip scrubs used?
The lip scrub can be used at any time of the day, yes, it is recommended not to sleep with it. To use it, we must follow several steps:
- With warm water, we must clean the area in which we are going to apply the product.
- We generously apply the exfoliant, trying to cover the entire area where we want it to take effect.
- We rub them against each other and remove the residue with a handkerchief (some scrubs recommend removing the residue with warm water). Some people use a toothbrush to improve blood circulation.
- Use lip balm or cocoa to increase the hydration achieved.
- We must apply the scrub once or twice a week. It does not matter what time of day we apply it. Some exfoliants recommend doing it within our nightly facial routine, so that it takes effect during the night, at which time the skin does not suffer the aggressions of the weather.
What are its main ingredients?
It can be said that they vary from one brand to another, but most have a sugar and balsam base. Then, some may include a product that provides extra hydration, such as honey or oils (sesame, coconut, almonds, or jojoba, for example)—also, some less common ingredients, such as clay, orange peel, or peppermint. Of course, natural ingredients abound more than artificial ones.